CellarPro engineered the 1800H cooling unit specifically for shallow-depth glass wine cellars. Just 10 1/2-inches deep and 10-inches tall, the 1800H Houdini cooling unit is designed to “disappear” inside – or atop – the cellar. Dual independent variable-speed fans offer flexibility to trade-off between super-quiet operation vs maximum performance. All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space – it must come from space outside the cellar.
Variable-speed fans with independent control provide maximum flexibility and versatility, as follows:
- Variable fan speed for the cold side Provides cooling flexibility
Low fan speed: 1456 BTUH @ 55F / 51F lowest achievable cellar temperature
High fan speed: 1864 BTUH @55F / 47F lowest achievable cellar temperature
- Variable fan speed for the hot side Choose between performance vs noise
Low fan speed: 49 dBA / 85F maximum intake temperature
High fan speed: 55 dBA / 95F maximum intake temperature
Powerful fans on the 1800H allow the cooling unit to be ducted without the need for an auxiliary fan, as follows:
- Cold side: Up to 50 equivalent feet (25′ per duct) with 6-inch insulated ducting
Intake from the left / exhaust from the front
- Hot side: Up to 50 equivalent feet (25′ per duct) and 85F maximum intake temperature (no auxiliary fan required)
Up to 100 equivalent feet (50′ per duct) and 95F maximum intake temperature (requires auxiliary fan)
Intake and exhaust from the top
- Ducting requires CellarPro duct equipment (sold separately)
Before purchasing this unit, let us calculate the thermal load of your wine cellar.
- This unit can be configured to pull fresh air ranging from -20 to 95F. If the unit’s location does not provide sufficient room for the unit’s exhaust to dissipate and/or fresh air to be provided, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit. Fresh air intake below 40F will require the addition of a compressor heater, and fresh air intake below 20F also will require the addition of a fan cycling switch.
- The unit must be placed indoors in an area that is above 32F.
- Dual high-output fans come with independent variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (49 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Custom coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel condensate pan and 100W electric heating element.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the rear or right side of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro’s 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 1836) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety (PENDING).
Manuals / Warranty Information
Click here for the Warranty Information: CellarPro 1800H Replacement Cooling Unit. Please contact Wine Appreciation if you need to replace an existing CellarPro 1800H cooling unit. When you are ready to return your original unit, save and reuse the packaging from the replacement order, and do the following:
- Contact Wine Appreciation at 1-800-231-9463 (WINE).
- Complete a RMA form and tape it to the top of the cooling unit.
- Pack the cooling unit so that it is UPRIGHT in the box.
- Attach a return shipping label to the outside of the box.
- Contact FedEx to schedule a pickup.
The manufacturer will process refunds upon the safe return and diagnosis of the original equipment. If the returned equipment is damaged or has been mispackaged, mishandled or misused, the refund will be adjusted accordingly. Returned equipment must be shipped within 60 days, otherwise the refund will be forfeited. Orders for cooling units not covered by warranty will receive refunds after deducting return shipping and the time and materials necessary to repair the returned unit. Orders for cooling units covered by warranty will receive full refunds of covered parts after deducting return shipping charges.